Day 1: Arrival at Cochin & Proceed to Munnar â€“ (130 Kms â€“ Approx 4 Hrs)
- On arrival at Cochin, proceed to Munnar. A breathtakingly beautiful - haven of peace and tranquility which cannot be portrayed in a single canvas. Situated at 1,600m above sea level with unending expanse of tea plantations - pristine valleys and mountains, youâ€™re often up above the clouds watching veils of mist clinging to the mountain tops. Among the exotic flora found in the forests and grasslands here is the Neelakurinji/Strobilanthes. This flower which bathes the hills in blue once in every twelve years, will bloom next in 2018. On the way to Munnar visit Cheeyappara & Valara waterfalls. The Cheeyappara Waterfall cascades down in seven steps. Valara has a chain of waterfalls surrounded by thick green forests. Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 2: Munnar Sightseeing
- After breakfast proceed for sightseeing of Munnar. Visit Mattupetty Dam (ticket price extra), a storage concrete gravity dam built in the mountains. Mattupetty offers many fascinating sights to relish. Besides the tea plantations & the rolling grasslands, the Shola forests in and around Mattupetty are ideal for trekking and are habitat to a variety of birds. Later visit Kundala Dam (ticket price extra), the famous Neela Kurunji flowers which bloom once in twelve years, bloom in the hills and valleys around Kundala lake. Enroute visit Echo Point & Pothamedu View Point. Echo Point always has a greenish look as it is covered with abundant green sceneries. View Point is perfect to enjoy the spectacular beauty of the coffee, tea & cardamom plantations. They are an adventurous destination, which will be a perfect choice for those who love to have a nature walk or trekking. Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 3: Munnar to Thekkady - (85 Kms - Approx 3 Hrs)
- After breakfast, check out from hotel & proceed to Thekkady. Thekkady is considered as a heaven for natural spices. The Periyar forests of Thekkady is one of the finest wildlife reserves in India. Periyar encompasses 777 sq km & a 26-sq-km artificial lake. Check-in at hotel & later head out for sightseeing to visit the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary (ticket price extra), it is home to herds of wild Elephants, Sambar, Tigers, Gaur, Lion-tailed Macaques, Nilgiri Langurs & more. The place can sometimes feel a bit like Disneyland-in-the-Ghats, but its mountain scenery & jungle walks make for an enjoyable visit. Evening enjoy the boat cruise in the lake (at additional cost) to spot wild animals. Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 4: Thekkady to Alleppey - (135 Kms - Approx 3.5 Hrs)
- After breakfast, check out from hotel and proceed to Alleppey which has an immense natural beauty and is also known as the â€œVenice of the Eastâ€. It is famous for backwater cruising and boat race. Check into your hotel/houseboat & cruise (if staying in houseboat) through the Narrow Canal amidst the Paddy Fields, Coconut Lagoons and Coir Villages in Alleppey. Overnight stay in Alleppey.
Day 5: Departure from Alleppey + Sightseeing in Kochi
- After breakfast, check out from hotel & proceed towards Kochi. On reaching Kochi, visit Fort Cochi. Walk and see the suspended Chinese fishing nets, which were introduced by traders from the court of Kublai Khan in the 14th century. Kochi fishermen still use these fishing nets to earn their livelihoods.
- Continue your stroll down to St Francis Church, the oldest European church in India. Finish your tour at Mattancherry Palace. It was built by the Portuguese and presented to the Raja of Kochi in 1555. The palace is famous for its stunning murals portraying scenes from Hindu tales, such as the Ramayana and Mahabharata. Next door is the Paradesi (also called Pardesi) Synagogue, the oldest active synagogue in South India. Proceed towards Cochin Airport for departure, back to home with beautiful memories of God's Own Country.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation on twin Sharing Basis.
- Deluxe House Boat in Alleppey with All meals
- Meal Plan (as per mentioned above).
- Exclusive Vehicle for transfers & sightseeing. Please brief to guest that vehicle will not be at disposal it will be available to guest as per itinerary only (point to point basis).
- All permit fees & hotel taxes (as per itinerary).
- Rates are valid for INDIAN NATIONALS only.
- Presently applicable GST.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Air Fare / Train fare.
- Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft & hard drinks, rafting, rock climbing, paragliding, joy ride (Toy Train), Ropeway, porterage.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance Fees & Guide charges.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Room Heater Charges.
- Anything which is not included in the inclusion.