Kerala, a state on India's tropical Malabar Coast, has nearly 600km of Arabian Sea shoreline. It's known for its palm-lined beaches and backwaters, a network of canals. Inland are the Western Ghats, mountains whose slopes support tea, coffee and spice plantations as well as wildlife. National parks like Eravikulam and Periyar, plus Wayanad and other sanctuaries, are home to elephants, langur monkeys and tigers
- Visit to Kodanadu Elephant Care Centre, Cheyyara Waterfalls, Valara waterfalls, Attukadu Waterfalls, Spice plantations
- Full Day Sightseeing In Munnar
- Full Day Sightseeing In Thekkady
- Visit to Periyar Wildlife sanctuary
- Enjoy Watching Martial Arts of Kerala, Kathakali
Day 1 : Arrival at Cochin & Proceed to Munnar – (130 Kms – Approx 4 Hrs)
On arrival at Cochin, proceed to Munnar. A breathtakingly beautiful - haven of peace and tranquility which cannot be portrayed in a single canvas. Situated at 1,600m above sea level with unending expanse of tea plantations - pristine valleys and mountains, you’re often up above the clouds watching veils of mist clinging to the mountain tops. Among the exotic flora found in the forests and grasslands here is the Neelakurinji/Strobilanthes. This flower which bathes the hills in blue once in every twelve years, will bloom next in 2018. On the way to Munnar visit Cheeyappara & Valara waterfalls. The Cheeyappara Waterfall cascades down in seven steps. Valara has a chain of waterfalls surrounded by thick green forests. Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 2 : Munnar Sightseeing
- After breakfast proceed for sightseeing of Munnar. Visit Mattupetty Dam (ticket price extra), a storage concrete gravity dam built in the mountains. Mattupetty offers many fascinating sights to relish. Besides the tea plantations & the rolling grasslands, the Shola forests in and around Mattupetty are ideal for trekking and are habitat to a variety of birds.
- Later visit Kundala Dam (ticket price extra), the famous Neela Kurunji flowers which bloom once in twelve years, bloom in the hills and valleys around Kundala lake.
- Enroute visit Echo Point & Pothamedu View Point. Echo Point always has a greenish look as it is covered with abundant green sceneries. View Point is perfect to enjoy the spectacular beauty of the coffee, tea & cardamom plantations. They are an adventurous destination, which will be a perfect choice for those who love to have a nature walk or trekking. Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 3 : Munnar to Thekkady - (85 Kms - Approx 3 Hrs)
- After breakfast, check out from hotel & proceed to Thekkady.
- Thekkady is considered as a heaven for natural spices. The Periyar forests of Thekkady is one of the finest wildlife reserves in India. Periyar encompasses 777 sq km & a 26-sq-km artificial lake.
- Check-in at hotel & later head out for sightseeing to visit the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary (ticket price extra), it is home to herds of wild Elephants, Sambar, Tigers, Gaur, Lion-tailed Macaques, Nilgiri Langurs & more. The place can sometimes feel a bit like Disneyland-in-the-Ghats, but its mountain scenery & jungle walks make for an enjoyable visit. Evening enjoy the boat cruise in the lake (at additional cost) to spot wild animals. Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 4 : Departure from Thekkady + Sightseeing in Kochi
- After breakfast, check out from hotel & proceed towards Kochi. On reaching Kochi, visit Fort Cochi. Walk and see the suspended Chinese fishing nets, which were introduced by traders from the court of Kublai Khan in the 14th century. Kochi fishermen still use these fishing nets to earn their livelihoods.
- Continue your stroll down to St Francis Church, the oldest European church in India. Finish your tour at Mattancherry Palace. It was built by the Portuguese and presented to the Raja of Kochi in 1555. The palace is famous for its stunning murals portraying scenes from Hindu tales, such as the Ramayana and Mahabharata. Next door is the Paradesi (also called Pardesi) Synagogue, the oldest active synagogue in South India.
- Proceed towards Cochin Airport for departure, back to home with beautiful memories of God's Own Country.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in 3 Star Cat equivalent stay on double occupancy in an base category room with breakftast at the hotel
- Indica A/c Vehicle ( A/c will not on hilly Areas) as per the itinerary on Point to Point Basis only , not on disposal. Ex - Cochin
- Vehicle charges , Fuel charges , Driver allowance, Toll & Parking as per the itinerary.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train & Flight Ticket Fares
- Optional enhancements like room or flight upgrades, or local camera or video fees
- Additional sightseeing, activities and experiences outside of the itinerary
- Early check-in or late check-out from hotels (unless otherwise specified)
- Breakfast, lunches, dinners and drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), unless specified in the itinerary
- Any international and/or domestic flights, unless explicitly mentioned as an inclusion
- Excess baggage charges, and where applicable, baggage not included in your fare
- Tips for services and experiences
- Read useful information and terms for more on what is included and excluded