Munnar is a town in the Western Ghats mountain range in India’s Kerala state. A hill station and former resort for the British Raj elite, it's surrounded by rolling hills dotted with tea plantations established in the late 19th century. Eravikulam National Park, a habitat for the endangered mountain goat Nilgiri tahr, is home to the Lakkam Waterfalls, hiking trails and 2,695m-tall Anamudi Peak.
- Visit to Kodanadu Elephant Care Centre, Cheyyara Waterfalls, Valara waterfalls, Attukadu Waterfalls, Spice plantations
- Full Day Sight Seeing In Munnar
Day 1 : Arrival at Cochin & Proceed to Munnar – (130 Kms – Approx 4 Hrs)
On arrival at Cochin, proceed to Munnar. A breathtakingly beautiful - haven of peace and tranquility which cannot be portrayed in a single canvas. Situated at 1,600m above sea level with unending expanse of tea plantations - pristine valleys and mountains, you’re often up above the clouds watching veils of mist clinging to the mountain tops. Among the exotic flora found in the forests and grasslands here is the Neelakurinji/Strobilanthes. This flower which bathes the hills in blue once in every twelve years, will bloom next in 2018. On the way to Munnar visit Cheeyappara & Valara waterfalls. The Cheeyappara Waterfall cascades down in seven steps. Valara has a chain of waterfalls surrounded by thick green forests. Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 2 : Munnar Sightseeing
- After breakfast proceed for sightseeing of Munnar. Visit Mattupetty Dam (ticket price extra), a storage concrete gravity dam built in the mountains. Mattupetty offers many fascinating sights to relish. Besides the tea plantations & the rolling grasslands, the Shola forests in and around Mattupetty are ideal for trekking and are habitat to a variety of birds.
- Later visit Kundala Dam (ticket price extra), the famous Neela Kurunji flowers which bloom once in twelve years, bloom in the hills and valleys around Kundala lake.
- Enroute visit Echo Point & Pothamedu View Point. Echo Point always has a greenish look as it is covered with abundant green sceneries. View Point is perfect to enjoy the spectacular beauty of the coffee, tea & cardamom plantations. They are an adventurous destination, which will be a perfect choice for those who love to have a nature walk or trekking. Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 3 : Departure from Munnar
After breakfast, check out from hotel & transfer to Cochin for departure, back to home with beautiful memories of God's Own Country.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in 3 Star Cat equivalent stay on double occupancy in an base category room with breakftast at the hotel
- Indica A/c Vehicle ( A/c will not on hilly Areas) as per the itinerary on Ex Cochin
- Point to Point Basis only , not on disposal.
- Vehicle charges , Fuel charges , Driver allowance, Toll & Parking as per the itinerary.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train & Flight Fares
- Optional enhancements like room or flight upgrades, or local camera or video fees
- Additional sightseeing, activities and experiences outside of the itinerary
- Early check-in or late check-out from hotels (unless otherwise specified)
- Breakfast, lunches, dinners and drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), unless specified in the itinerary
- Any international and/or domestic flights, unless explicitly mentioned as an inclusion
- Excess baggage charges, and where applicable, baggage not included in your fare
- Tips for services and experiences
- Read useful information and terms for more on what is included and excluded