The unforgettable landscapes of Meghalaya will stay in your heart, long after your journey is over. The table-top heights of Sohra (Cherrapunjee) are brimful with waterfalls, streams, and forest trails. Gaze at the Bangladeshi plains from the many vantage points on the state’s southern ridges. The outskirts of Shillong and the high plateau around Mylliem and Smit offer postcard perfect representations of the simple life – complete with pastel green meadows, tall pine groves, crisp cool air, and quiet villages with quaint cottages and wooden fences spread across the countryside.
Further west, the Garo Hills burst into all the shades of green that you can think of. It is a region where you can travel on winding roads that pass through undisturbed forests where pachyderms and predators still rule and discover rarely-breached ecosystems. Meghalaya’s largely agrarian society has also contributed to this vibrant mosaic. Paddy fields neatly carved out of the hills and betel plantations that blend into the forest are just some examples you will come across. On the eastern part of the state, the Jaintia Hills offer more even enchanting views – a mix of heady cliffs, river-crossed tableland, rapids and waterfalls, and primeval forests that still remain unexplored in places.
Meghalaya is home to some of the longest and most complex cave systems in the world – from west to east, there are many subterranean tunnels and spots marked with ancient fossils and home to rare species. During the monsoons, the fast-moving rivers swell and drop into the plains in imposing, powerful cascades – a reason why Meghalaya is also termed as a land of waterfalls.
- Take Stunning View of Shillong
- Cherrapunjee (4,400 ft.), the wettest place in the world.
- Excursion to Mawlynnong & Dawki
- Don Bosco Museum & Ward’s Lake
Due to the current COVID19 situation, a valid e-invite is mandatory for travel to Meghalaya.
Day 01: Guwahati Airport / Rly Station – Shillong (100 kms / 3 hrs.)
On arrival at Guwahati Airport / Railway Station & transfer to Shillong (4,900 ft.), called ‘Scotland of the East” (100 kms 3 hrs). Enroute visit Umium Lake, a majestic placid lake with its surrounding sylvan hills. On arrival at Shillong, check in at your hotel. Overnight stay at Shillong.
Day 02: Excursion to Cherrapunjee (60 kms / 2 hrs.)
After early breakfast drive to Cherrapunjee (4,400 ft.), the wettest place in the world. You will see the beautiful waterfall known as Nohkalikai. You can also explore the caves known as Mawsmai. Evening return to Shillong, enroute visit Elephanta falls and Shillong peak for some breathtaking views. Overnight stay at Shillong.
Day 03: Excursion to Mawlynnong & Dawki (120 kms / 4 hrs.)
After early breakfast drive to Mawlynnong – “Asia’s Cleanest Village”. Mawlynnong offers many interesting sights such as the living root bridge and another strange natural phenomenon of a boulder balancing on another small rock. Later proceed to Dawki, a small town near India Bangladesh border. Enjoy breathtaking view of the Umangot River. Evening drive back to Shillong. Stay overnight at your hotel in Shillong.
Day 04: Shillong Sightseeing – Guwahati (100 kms / 3 hrs.)
After breakfast visit Don Bosco Museum & Ward’s Lake. After that drive to Guwahati. Arrive and check in at hotel. In evening we suggest an optional tour of Golden sunset cruise on the Brahmaputra (Direct Payment by own). Overnight stay at Guwahati.
Day 05: Hotel – Guwahati Airport / Rly Station
After breakfast visit Kamakhya Temple, etc. Transfer to Guwahati Airport / Rly Station for your onward journey.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation on twin Sharing Basis.
- Meal Plan (as mentioned above)
- Exclusive A/c vehicle for transfers & sightseeing. (ac will not run in hill area)
- All hotel taxes (as per itinerary).
- Inner Line Permit
- Rates are valid for INDIAN NATIONALS only.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Air Fare / Train fare.
- Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft & hard drinks, porterage.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Guide charges, Entry Fees & Camera Charges if any.
- VIP Darshan in Kamakhya Temple.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like cyclone, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client and directly payable on the spot).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
Anything which is not included in the inclusion.