Day 1 : Arrival at Mysore & Half Day Mysore Sightseeing
- Welcome at Mysore railway station/ bus stand. Meet & Greet. Our representative shall assist you with transfers. Check in to your hotel and relax. Later proceed for half day local sightseeing at Mysore.
- Visit the Mysore Zoo (closed on Tuesdays) - It was started by Chamaraja Wodeyar X initially as a private Zoo in 1892. It houses a wide range of animals and is one of the oldest zoos of the country. The Mysore zoo is the only zoo in India to have a Gorilla. The zoo is also a house to Chimpanzees and Orangutans. Other exotic animals found in Mysore zoo are Giraffes, Zebras, White Deer, African Elephants, Bears, Porcupines, Rhinoceros, Tapir, Otters etc.
- Visit the famous Mysore Palace (or Maharaja's Palace). This historical, royal place of residence of the Wadiyars is a splendid architectural feat and houses artefacts from the historic times. The Palace is set in carefully laid out gardens. It is a beautiful three storied stone building of fine gray granite and rich pink marble domes, overlooking this structure is a five-storied 145 foot tower whose domes are gilded in gold. Entry to the palace is through "Gombe Thotti" or Doll's Pavillion with traditional dolls of different times displayed and a wooden elephant decorated with gold. The kingdom's motto, "never be terrified" is written in Sanskrit on the entrance gate and the arch.
- In the evening visit Krishna Raja Sagara Dam built over the River Cauvery near to the conjunction of three rivers namely, Cauvery, Hemavathi & Lakshmana Thirtha. Get mesmerised by colorful & stunning Brindavan Gardens known for its symmetric design and illuminated terrace gardens. The main attraction at the Brindavan Gardens is the beautiful array of musical fountains. Coupled with laser lights, these fountains are synchronised to music and go live at the time when the garden is lit up.
- Mysore is also a shopping destination. Explore shopping at the local market. Take home Mysore silk saris, Mysore sandalwood artefacts & handicrafts, incense sticks, coffee, wooden toys and traditional Mysore paintings called Ganjifa paintings. Return back to hotel. Overnight stay at Mysore hotel.
Day 2 : Transfer from Mysore to Ooty & Half Day Ooty Sightseeing
- After breakfast today, check out from your hotel and get ready for a comfortable transfer to Ooty (150 kms/4 hrs). On arrival in Ooty, check in to the hotel and get comfortable. Later, set out on a half-day sightseeing tour of Ooty.
- Visit the famous Botanical Garden- a vast expanse of lawn going steeply uphill with variety of trees, shrubs as well as some conservatories with exotic ferns and flowering plants. Highlight of this park is the fossilized tree belonging to the pre-historic era, kept as natural exhibit. According to carbon dating findings, it is about 20 million-year-old.
- Next visit Rose Garden, it displays more than 20,000 varieties of roses collected from different parts of the world. Unusual colours of black and green roses are also found. Relish a spectacular view of entire Ooty from Rose Garden.
- In the evening, make your way to Ooty Lake - an artifical lake & one of the famous tourist spots in Ooty. Enjoy boating, cycling, photography and a mini toy train ride. Indulge in shopping around Ooty lake for chocolates, local handicraft, shawls, eucalyptus oil etc.
- Return to your hotel in the evening. Overnight stay in Ooty
Day 3 : Day Excursion to Coonoor
Post breakfast head straight to Coonor for full day sightseeing. Located around 25 km from Ooty, Coonoor is one of the largest hill stations after Ooty.
Visit Sim's Park - Located at a height of 1780 meters, Sim’s Park is a botanical garden which was established in 1874. It has more than 1000 species of flora including Queensland Karry Pine, Rudraksha (the bead tree) and Ornamental tree making it a place worth visiting. Take long peaceful walks through the lush greenery and colourful, vibrant flowers. Enjoy boating & photography.
Lamb's Rock - Located on the way to Dolphin’s Nose in Ooty, Lamb’s Rock is laos called as Echo Rock. A popular picnic spot, it offers an admirable view of Coimbatore Plains and surrounding lush greenery. Route to this place offers trekking opportunities too.
Dolphin’s Nose - Located 10 km at a distance from Coonoor, Dolphin’s Nose is a peak offering enchanting view of the Nilgiri Hills and the Catherine Falls. The peak of the hills resembles a nose of a dolphin hence the name.
Tea Garden - A tour to these tea plantations, walking through the lush greenery and refreshing aromas of tea is an experience worth trying.
Ketti Valley View - a popular vantage point situated on Ooty - Coonoor Road in Nilgiris. The view of Ketti from the viewpoint is majestic and often compared to views of Switzerland. There is also a telescope room to get a closer view of the valley and surroundings. his valley also houses a popular brand of the needle making industry, known as Pony Needles.
Return back to hotel. Evening free for own activity. Overnight stay at Ooty
Day 4 : Transfer from Ooty to Mysore & Departure from Mysore
Morning, after breakfast check out from hotel and drive to Mysore Railway station (125Kms/3Hrs) for your onward journey. Tour ends with lifetime memories.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation on twin Sharing Basis.
- Deluxe House Boat in Alleppey with All meals
- Meal Plan (as per mentioned above).
- Exclusive Vehicle for transfers & sightseeing. Please brief to guest that vehicle will not be at disposal it will be available to guest as per itinerary only (point to point basis).
- All permit fees & hotel taxes (as per itinerary).
- Rates are valid for INDIAN NATIONALS only.
- Presently applicable GST.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Air Fare / Train fare.
- Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft & hard drinks, rafting, rock climbing, paragliding, joy ride (Toy Train), Ropeway, porterage.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance Fees & Guide charges.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Room Heater Charges.
- Anything which is not included in the inclusion.