The Andaman Islands are an Indian archipelago in the Bay of Bengal. These roughly 300 islands are known for their palm-lined, white-sand beaches, mangroves and tropical rainforests. Coral reefs supporting marine life such as sharks and rays make for popular diving and snorkeling sites. Indigenous Andaman Islanders inhabit the more remote islands, many of which are off limits to visitors.
2 Nights in Portblar
2 Nights in Havelock
Day 1: Arrive In Port Blair -
· Fly in to Port Blair Airport. Our representative will meet and assist you at the Veer Savarkar Airport. Board the waiting vehicles, drive to your hotel / resort and check in.
Day 2: Port Blair To Havelock Island And Radhanagar Beach
· Today after breakfast you will transfer to Jetty to board ferry/cruise to Havelock Island. Havelock, about 54 kilometres northeast of Port Blair, the Island is a hidden jewel.
· Havelock is a serene tropical island encompassing about 86 square kilometres. Its clear waters are rated among the best in the world for Snorkeling and scuba diving. Close to 1000 different species of marine life inhabit the waters of the Andaman Islands. Scuba divers can see nudi branches, sea slugs and snails, varieties of ghost pipe fish, jaw fish and a number of different crustaceans of all shapes and sizes. With its serene beaches, 40 meters visibility underwater, colourful coral reefs and ‘far from the maddening crowd’ appeal. Havelock Island has emerged as a dream destination among discerning travellers. Arrive at Havelock Jetty, you are met and assisted by our representative.
· Board the waiting vehicles and drive to the hotel. After check-in, relax a little. In the evening, proceed to Radhanagar Beach. Stay until sunset and return to hotel for overnight stay at Havelock.
· Carry valid Photo id proof (PAN Card not accepted) as the same is checked before boarding ferry to Havelock Island on board.
Day 3: Excursion To Elephant Beach - Kalapathar Beach Visit
· Elephant Beach is a small pristine beach, rather remotely located; it can be reached by boat. The beach is also an extremely good place for Snorkeling with an easily accessible house reef, which boasts of beautiful corals and other marine life. The beach has also emerged as Havelock’s favourite spot for scuba diving. It is tailor made to be a beginner's dive site. One can just walk straight from the beach and on to the spot where divers practice.
· Just 40 min by boat, this beach offers snorkelers calm blue shallow waters and is the perfect spot for beginner snorkelers. The boat goes right up to the beach and it's so easy to slip on your gear and just start snorkelling (5 mins free & additional snorkelling at extra cost). It's also a great place to just spend the day lying on the beach and relaxing.
· Elephant beach excursion is subject to weather conditions. In case it is closed, an alternate option for sightseeing will be provided by the tour co-ordinator.
· The boats to Elephant Beach are managed by a boat association who need individual guest to fill a consent form (please carry photo ID proof) after which boats are allotted based on rotation and sharing basis.
· Due to limited boats, guest may have to wait until their boat is allotted and we have no control over the wait time.
· Please carry change of clothes, towel, cap, sunglasses, and sunscreen and wear comfort clothing for this trip.
· Snorkelling cost has to be paid directly. The rates starts from Rs. 500 per person for 15 minutes.
· The Kalapathar beach is situated on one corner of Havelock Island. The beach gets its name from the surrounding village, which is Kalapathar Village and the black rocks (known as Kalapathar in Hindi) that adorn the coastline here. Return to the hotel to relax and unwind.
Day 4: Transfer From Havelock Island To Port Blair - Cellular Jail ,Light and sound Show
· Check-out from the hotel and proceed to jetty to board the ferry/cruise to Port Blair. On arrival at Port Blair, our representative will meet and guide you to the hotel. Check-in into the hotel at Port Blair.
· Carry valid Photo id proof (PAN Card not accepted) as the same is checked before boarding ferry.\
The Cellular Jail has a pride of place in India's freedom struggle. Many a stalwart were imprisoned here. Declared a national memorial, this three storey prison constructed by Britishers in 1906, is a pilgrimage destination for freedom fighters. This colossal edifice has mutely witnessed the most treacherous of inhumane atrocities borne by the convicts, who were mostly freedom fighters. The day draws to a gentle close with the Sound and Light Show at the historic Cellular Jail which gives you a vivid experience of its strong association with the freedom fighters and their struggle for independence. Return to hotel for overnight stay.
· Light and Sound Show at 1800 hrs or 1900 Hrs, depending on ticket availability (English version is only on alternate days). Cellular Jail is closed on Monday.
· The Light and Sound Show can get cancelled if it rains with amount being non-refundable.
· For Light and Sound show, please carry photo ID proof (PAN card not accepted) or you will not be allowed entry.
· Pickup and drop for Cellular Jail and Light & Sound Show will happen from allocated parking area.
Day 5: Departure From Port Blair
Drop to Airport with memories of an ultimate holiday at Andaman Islands.
What is included in the tour
• 4 night accommodation in well-appointed rooms as mentioned above hotels or equivalent.
• Transfers and Sightseeing as per itinerary by private tourist vehicle.
• Breakfast and Dinner
• Light & Sound Show at the Cellular Jail
• Ferry tickets from Port Blair to Havelock (round trip)
• Driver allowance, airport assistance, toll, interstate taxes.
What is NOT included in the tour
• Supplement cost may apply when booking for long weekends / holiday period
• Air tickets and airport taxes
• Guide charges
• Scuba diving, Sea walking and other Water sports activities
• Glass Bottom Boat ride per person cost is INR.525
• Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, tips to guides / drivers etc.